Steve Tyng wrote:
> The Oatley board does exactly what we have been discussing.  I don't
> have any direct experience with the kit but I know Frank built a
> couple and had issues with them.  Maybe he might elaborate.

The only issues that I had during my testing was that the controller is
"twitchy" if you have a sloppy pot and/or the motor speed is not
adjusted properly.  That is, it doesn't seem to account properly for the
momentum of the motor and load when moving to a new position.  The motor
momentum caused it to overshoot the mark, at which point the controller
tries to reverse direction.  But, if there's a little sloppiness in the
pot, then it overshoots in the other direction or just hums while it
stays in the same place.  So, the lesson is: use a high-quality pot when
trying to build a heavy-duty servo.  If possible, use an accurate
multi-turn pot and gear it accordingly to the drive shaft.

Doug, on the other hand, had lots more issues with them when he tested
them ... primarily related to working load, if I recall, but he can
elaborate better.

        Frank P.

PS. It took quite a few weeks to get the Oatley boards from down-under
because he sent them via regular snail-mail.