funkyne...@ntlworld.com wrote:
> Suggestion 1/  lumber looting:-
> Log hauling :- each player rushes to the centre field of play ,where
> lumber is stockpiled . Using small chains ( string ) the logs are
> dragged back ( one at a time ) to base by a towing hook on the back of
> each asset, if an asset ( SV or tank ) is destroyed on the way then
> the log is unhitched and is available for the taking. 1000 points per
> log returned to base in the time allowed.

A nice scenario that should be fun and easy to manage.  Just make sure
that the lumber is big enough to cause some towing problems.  They don't
have to be heavy, just cumbersome :-)

> Suggestion 2/ Troop invasion:-
> Each player carries one soldier ( in team colours ) to one or many
> specified areas with intent to `occupy that space` if an enemy solider
> already occupies the space then he requires shooting before the new
> occupier can take his place, 500 points for a space occupied/
> reoccupied.

This one sounds like it might be hard to manage during the game.  For
example, when do you decide to award the 500 points?  What if a soldier
occupies a space for 1 hour, while another occupies another space for
just 1 minute.  I would worry less about awarding points for the space
occupied and focus on moving the soldiers to a given location.   For
example, say it takes 5 soldiers in a certain area to complete the
invasion.  When that happens, team bonus points are awarded and the game
restarts.  Same logistics and tactical problem, but easier to manage as
a Contest Director.

Both scenarios should be lots of fun.

        Frank P.