Ben,

Yes, I had seen Dave's tracks, and there is certainly nothing wrong
with them - they are quite impressive. I just mentioned the Kegresse
page as another example of this style being used on a larger, heavy
vehicle, and it was nice to see that it performed well under muddy
field conditions with no problems.  It reinforces my feeling that this
is an ideal method for the home builder to create tracked vehicles,
though I still like the KTS hinge tracks for some applications.
Having these, and the other track styles listed in the how-to section,
as options, gives the scratch-builder quite a bit of choice when it
comes to making tracks. (On the other hand, it just seems to encourage
some people to build bigger and bigger models... y'know, ones they can
ride around in... not namin' names or anything... ;-)

Brian