Good idea to build the tank so the hydrolic system ( powered by a petrol engine
) can be
replace with an electric system with a generator ( powered by a petrol engine )
to feed
2 electric motor on 110v.  It even seem easier to build that way as its pretty
factory made.
In your hand you got 2 dimmer with reverse polarity switches.  Maybe dryer
motor would do,
I have to think about it, it seem to easy...

Umm I think AC motor cannot have their polarity reversed, Im I right on that?

It remind me the 'Elephant' JagTiger was powered that way, umm...

Guy