Thought I would pop out and say there is a 75% chance I will make it to the
Oct 29th battle (has the battle been named yet?) with SV15.  There is better
than even odds that I will bring a new tank out also.  :)

 The Merkava IV has been shelved.  After reading the mantlet rules and seeing
the current trend of smaller tanks, I decided that the 1/6th scale Merk is
simply too big and too vulnerable to finish.  Not to mention the cost of
batteries, weight, and transporting something big enough to take up 3/4" of the
compact pickup truck bed!  Heh.
 With the foundry now cleared of that lingering project, a new tank project has
commenced.  Drawings in hand, some engineering planning was done, templates
created, and wood cut.  After a few hours worth of work, the lower hull is put
together complete with motor mounts.  The geared motors have been test fitted
perfectly.  All in all, I am extremely pleased with progress so far.
 Tonight's agenda is starting work on the upper hull.  The suspension is
postponed until this weekend when the builder can dedicate a few hours of
uninterrupted workshop time to the project.

 The new tank will meet the 36" rule.  It will be fast.  It will mount a .68
marker.  It will carry the latest in battery technology.  It'll be cool.  It
will be a little terror on the battlefield.  :)

 Additional press releases are forthcoming around Oct 23rd.

Mike