Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply, and for the useful tips...

Dave D.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris. b
  To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [TANKS] Still kickin

  If you take a look at my idler wheels on the blog page, they have the
thinnest section of all the wheels (3mm in parts) I wouldn't recommend going
that thin for high stress parts. The other day I noticed the idler is cracked
along this thin section due in-part to a bubble void. I would keep smoothcast
305 to at least 5mm. The guide teeth, road wheels and drive sprockets are all
holding up fine. As far as tinting the resin, go as dark as you can, for the
road wheels if your casting the entire piece in one go tint the resin to black
(or near enough) so when the paint wears off (10 mins of run time!) it is at
least still dark and not stark white...

  As I'm not rebuilding my idler wheels (tedious!) ill try using a high stress
resin like something from the "task" series, if that fails I'll be getting them
cast in aluminium. (any takers!?)

  The interest within Australia seems to come and go, I know there was a few
blokes a while back but they seem to have disappeared. The armortek mob seem to
have a few in AUS, but I think they look down on us blokes building things
ourselves!

  Nice pick the JagdPanther, I have false started one so many times its not
funny. Maybe next after my stug I'll pick it back up.

  Chris. b