Buck,

AT face value your statement has some merit, as there are many things that are
produced that are powered with gas engines, and safely for that matter...

Alas, just about every one of those applications were built by large
manufacturers, with big R&D budgets and years of experience building said
applications, not some hobbyist trying to build his or her first gas powered
train wreck...  Something to reflect upon...

Still, I agree that they would be cool though... if the safety could be
guaranteed... which appears highly unlikely.

Here are a couple of posts I've rummaged across in my journeys across that
wonderful sea we call the Net...
The second one has a cool video of a gas powered tank.

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=513&sid=7434166ce5867323f52505cd89a27824&mforum=eastpac

This post is a forum that has some neat pics of the guts of a gas powered
tank...

http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/41550/Tanks-in-Your-Backyard.html

On this second page, look for the video on the right hand side, down a ways,
and the gas tank makes it's appearance at 1'10" into the video, Jerry Carducci
and his gasoline powered Panther, from Bay Area Tankers Group...

I'm surprised that the tank's performance seems rather anemic, you'd expect
otherwise.  I'm sure Steve and the Pitelli's et al are silently grinning about
this.

The host is a bit of a dope, definitely not a tank surgeon...

Host- "Jerry tell me, what's this tank again, is it a Tiger tank?"   Jerry-
"This is a Panther, a model A..."
Host- "Panzer alright, which is also a Tiger, wasn't it or no?"  Jerry- "Oh no,
Panther"
Host- "Panzers are different, alright..."

...not the best listening skills, but the host talks really well.  His
pronunciation of panzers is astounding!!  And his preparation for the piece was
top notch, he even got Jerry's name right !!

And then a little later on... Host- "That sounds like my leaf blower..."

But what do you expect from Hollywood...

Dave D.