That was me on the rules proposal.  Four size ranges with corresponding
ratings if I recall.  I've always seen this hobby as a combat sport which
shouldn't be hampered by scale factors.  IMO the as built size ratings was
an elegant solution to the never ending "scale" arguments.  Others felt
otherwise and implemented the everything gets the 4/40 rating.  Not an
issue if everything was built to 3' feet as the original intent but now we
have all these mighty mites running around and they get 4/40, just like
your big old lumbering 1:6 scale Tiger!

ST