>> Building reliable paintball feed that fits within the scale confines of a
>> model is one of the biggest PITA's in the hobby
THE biggest, I think.

Why do you think they should be exempt from hits ? It just seems like more
grounds for debate about valid hits. If you have the skill to build a small
hopper then you should benefit from your skill. If you want to take the
quicker, easier, route of using stock parts than you should enjoy the fruits of
that decision, too.
I'm opposed to all hit exemptions. Except maybe shooting the operator.

   - Doug