Our current methods of title transcription (capitalize only the first word,
and any proper name) convey more information than standard citation
capitalization does, since in a transcribed title you can tell which words
are proper names and which are not.  It is not uncommon for this practice to
render the meaning of a film title or television title less ambiguous.  For
example, 'The road to Perdition' indicates that Perdition is the name of an
actual town, while 'The road to perdition' would not convey that meaning...

Martha

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Martha M. Yee
Cataloging Supervisor
UCLA Film & Television Archive
1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90038-2616
323-462-4921 x27
323-469-9055 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Email at work)

Campus mail:
302 E. Melnitz
132306

http://myee.bol.ucla.edu (Web page)

"You have a dollar. I have a dollar. We swap. Now you have my dollar and I
have your dollar. We are not better off. You have an idea. I have an idea.
We swap. Now you have two ideas and I have two ideas. Both are richer. When
you gave, you have. What I got, you did not lose. That’s cooperation"—Jimmy
Durante quoted in Schnozzola, by Gene Fowler, 1951, p. 207-208.