Well yes, the practice of "title case" is English-centric, it is definitely not
the practice in French or Italian, (nor any of the Romance languages, I think).
Imposing title case on those languages would definitely seem odd to speakers of
those languages, and would be an annoying, albeit minor, barrier to the reuse
of records for copy cataloguing.

Pat

Pat Riva
Coordonnatrice section des monographies
Direction du traitement documentaire de la collection patrimoniale
Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec

2275, rue Holt
Montréal (Québec) H2G 3H1
Téléphone : 514 873-1101 poste 3624
Télécopieur : 514 873-7296