Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
. If it was going to be more,
certainly that more should be based on actual evidence on what our
current users want and need, and analysis of what that will be going
forward.

And someone, somewhere, needs then to take those user needs and write
the system requirements that would allow us to meet those needs. The
lack of any thought about systems is, to me, one of the big weaknesses
of our current model. It doesn't have to happen *in* FRBR, but it has to
be done somewhere.

I always wonder how one gets from "find" to a whole RDA chapter on the
preferred form of name headings without some steps in between, and
perhaps a few that follow.

kc

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.kcoyle.net