Karen Coyle said:

>There  >have been lots of meetings and conferences on the topic of
>linked data  (which is what RDA is designed to be once it is
>expressed),

Why do most seem to think linked data is so difficult?  UTLAS had
linked data in the 1970s, using AACR and MARC in more rudimentary form
than now.  Why are we fiddling with the building blocks when it is the
structure which needs renovation?

No matter how wonderful the linked database might be, RDA is a
linguistic mess, and a difficult tool to use in creating data.

Yes, minds and practical skills like Bernhard's are needed.  Look at
what he has done with the earlier draft of RDA, and the RDA test data.
One man at one institution has done better than all the "powers that
be".   Ummm.  Put Bernhard and Michael Gorman on an island with all
the resource they need, and let them have at it?