This might be of help:
http://www.rda-jsc.org/docs/5editor3.pdf (although it's now dated, since the
registration of the RDA element set discussed has now happened).

In the interim, MARC21, MODS, and Dublin Core/XML can be used as proxies for
RDA.

With the element set now defined, the horse is definitely in front of the cart.
The cart (MARC) is serviceable, but one would expect a trade-in at some point
in the future.

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library