>Meanwhile, speculation without facts isn't terribly useful. I think about how
>much of the time used up in this debate couldn't have been better spent
>gathering actual information.

Well, sure, but seeing as how we're waiting on the U.S. national libraries to
come to a decision anyway it's hard to turn off speculation. On Karen's broader
point about the discussion, though, it seems to me as if we've been talking
past each other for some time now. A decision, regardless of which way it goes,
seems like the only thing of much tangible use left to be determined. Minds
haven't changed much one way or the other in a good long time, or so it would
seem from the online discussion.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.