Good point.

[sic] or [i.e.] is a very useful notification that you should *not* fix a
'typo' in a transcribed field (because the typo was actually on the item).

Under RDA you will have to look for a note to indicate that the typo was on
the item.

RDA 1.7.9 says "Make a note correcting the inaccuracy if it is considered to
be important for identification or access"--We will all have to make a note
to ourselves to remember to add this note for any inaccuracies, so that we
don't merrily *fix* typos that should not be fixed.

2.20.

Title proper:          Heirarchy in organizations
Note:                    Title should read: Hierarchy in organizations

Edition statement: Second eidtion
Note:                    Edition statement should read:  Second edition

Series title:            The Ofxord history of England
Note:                    Series title should read: The Oxford history of
England

Deborah
------
Deborah Fritz