"Container" is defined in 2.2.2.1 as being "part of the resource itself" (if
the container is issued with the resource, and "kit" is given as an example in
this instruction).

Therefore, "container" is already defined as a possible "source of information
identifying the resource as a whole", whether the resource is a single unit
(2.1.2.2) or a multipart resource (2.1.2.3). Kits come up as an example again
in 2.1.2.3, since kits would tend to be characterized as multipart resources
not single unit resources.

I would think the "Mode of issuance" element in 2.13.1.3 would be "multipart
monograph" for a kit, and so 2.1.2.3 applies when choosing a source of
information for the title for a kit, and that would mean the container is
already included as an option for a source, based on 2.2.2.1.

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library