The GMD can map to any one of Content Type, Media Type, Carrier Type, or Unit
of Extent depending on a number of factors.

I haven't seen an all-in-one crosswalk, but I have a table I've put together,
with what I've been able to gather, and with what seems to make sense (proofing
requested).

There are some obvious problems with the GMD, in that it can map to very
different aspects depending on the type of resource, and veers from very
general to very specific at times. GMDs for three-dimensional forms and still
images are difficult to sort through (they're near the bottom of the list).

There is the whole content-carrier problem, in that the choice of the GMD is
based on the carrier and other times based on the content, as one can see...

Content types: text; notated movement

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [text], [text (large print)] - generally these were optional

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource] - formerly [computer file]

Media type: microform

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [microform]

Content types: tactile text; tactile notated movement

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [text (braille)] if applicable

Content type: notated music

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [music]

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource] - formerly [computer file]

Media type: microform

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [microform]

Content type: notated music

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [music]

Content types: performed music; sounds; spoken word

Media type: audio

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [sound recording]

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource] - formerly [computer file]

Content type: cartographic image

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [cartographic material]; obsolete [map]

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource]

Media type: microform

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [microform]

Media type: projected

Carrier type: filmslip - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: filmstrip - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: filmstrip cartridge - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: overhead transparency - GMD [transparency]

Carrier type: slide - GMD [slide]

Content type: cartographic tactile image

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [cartographic material (tactile)]

Content type: cartographic moving image

Media type: projected

Carrier type: (various related to motion pictures)

GMD: [motion picture]

Media type: video

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [videorecording]

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource]

Content type: cartographic three-dimensional form

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: object

GMD: [cartographic material]; don't use [model]; [globe] is obsolete

Content type: cartographic tactile three-dimensional form

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: object

GMD: [cartographic material (tactile)]; don't use [model]; [globe] is obsolete

Content types: cartographic dataset; computer dataset; computer program

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource]

Content types: three-dimensional form; tactile three-dimensional form

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: object

Unit of extent: coin - GMD [realia]

Unit of extent: diorama - GMD [diorama]

Unit of extent: exhibit - GMD [realia]

Unit of extent: game - GMD [game]

Unit of extent: jigsaw puzzle - GMD [game]

Unit of extent: medal - GMD [realia]

Unit of extent: mock-up - GMD [model]

Unit of extent: model - GMD [model]

Unit of extent: sculpture - GMD [art original]

Unit of extent: specimen - GMD [realia]

Unit of extent: toy - GMD [toy]

(Not used in RDA for unit of extent: [realia], [art reproduction], [art
original])

Media type: microscopic

Carrier type: microscope slide

GMD: [microscope slide]

Content types: two-dimensional moving image; three-dimensional moving image

Media type: projected

Carrier type: (various related to motion pictures)

GMD: [motion picture]

Media type: video

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [videorecording]

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource]

Content type: still image

With LDR/06=g (projected medium):

Media type: projected

Carrier type: filmslip - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: filmstrip - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: filmstrip cartridge - GMD [filmstrip]

Carrier type: overhead transparency - GMD [transparency]

Carrier type: slide - GMD [slide]

Media type: stereographic [with LDR/06=g]

Carrier type: stereograph disc

GMD: [slide]

With LDR/06=k (two-dimensional non-projectable graphic):

Media type: unmediated

Carrier type: flip chart - GMD [chart]

Carrier type: (others)-

Unit of Extent: activity card - GMD [activity card]

Unit of Extent: chart - GMD [chart]

Unit of Extent: collage - GMD [art original]

Unit of Extent: drawing - GMD [art original]

Unit of Extent: flash card - GMD [flash card]

Unit of Extent: icon - GMD [art original]

Unit of Extent: painting - GMD [art original]

Unit of Extent: photograph - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: picture - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: postcard - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: poster - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: print - GMD [art reproduction]

Unit of Extent: radiograph - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: study print - GMD [picture]

Unit of Extent: technical drawing - GMD [technical drawing]

Unit of Extent: wall chart - GMD [chart]

Generally use GMD [picture] for any other graphic material

Media type: computer

Carrier type: (various)

GMD: [electronic resource]

Media type: microform

[...]