I find some of the material nice and simple, with short summaries and
descriptions, accompanied by lists.

Other parts appear muddled and confused.

Many attributes for a manifestation are shoved up to the expression level, such
as title and extent. That leaves the bizarre 2.2.12 Extent of expression, which
is for the extent as applied to "all manifestations of the expression", but
when extent differs for manifestations, then 4.3.1 applies, which only
describes variant titles for serials (?!?).

How a new entity, "title-manifestation" fits into all this unclear, as this
gets into the question of whether a new entity, a new attribute, or a new
relationship is the right tool to use from the entity-relationship modeling
toolkit. That question is ongoing in RDA development, where, for example, Place
and Date can be attributes of entities, or entities in their own right with
their own cluster of attributes. If one doesn't proceed from an understanding
of these commonly used E-R principles, then the result is not going to be
principled.

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library