http://myee.bol.ucla.edu/catrul&rdfIntro.htm

At the suggestion of an SLC cataloguer, I've just revisited Martha
Yee's Cataloguing rules.  I've long admired Ms Yee's position paper on
OPAC display (available on the SLC website).  That admiration now
extends to her rules.

These rules achieve the objectives of RDA in terms of FRBR and WEMI.

They have several major and minor advantages over RDA:

1) Valid principles are stated and followed.

2) The language is simple and comprehensible.

3) The relationship and media terms adhere more to natural language,
are more comprehensible, and shorter for display, than those of RDA.

4) Rule provisions are practical, pragmatic, and agree with patron
expectations, e.g., main entry under compiler of the works of a
variety of authors.

5) The vital matter of display is well addressed.

We could do far worse than to jettison RDA and adopt Yee's rules!