Did we ever figure out the difference of when we use three-dimensional form
vs. tactile three-dimensional form?

I would say that most three-dimensional forms can be touched, so there is a
tactile component to them, as three-dimensional forms.

Of course, for some things, it is clearly not the intention for the 3D
object to be touched. A Brain in Jar of formaldehyde comes to mind. (Go
figure!) ;-) I mean, it would be possible to touch the brain, but probably
not a good idea.

What about a plastic model of a brain that comes apart in various pieces so
it can be displayed, showing the anatomy of the brain -- or the brain can
be taken apart, so you can see how the pieces fit together. Would you
consider this to be "tactile"?

Curious!

Thanks,
Julie