Patricia posted:

>260 Stanford, California : |b Stanford University Press, |c [2012],
©2012

We would change to 264 1, remove the copyright date, and not do a 264
4, since the two dates are the same.  We would code 008/06 "s" in this
case.

If the two dates differ, we would add the copyright date in 264  4,
and code 008/06 "t".

karen Snow responded:

>I'm not sure I understand the problem here. Publication dates and
>copyright dates are not the same, even if they share the same year.

The problem is redundancy in display for patrons, with no addional
benefit in searching.  Year searches are normally based on 008/07-10
and/or 008/11-14.  If the two years are the same, nothing has been
added to assist access.