Hi,

Is there a note order requirement in RDA? I searched RDA Toolkit and found
Order of Elements in Appendix D.1 ISBD Presentation (LC PCC PS). There is
an element listing order in note area. Does it indicate a note order?

I looked at JSC examples of RDA records. They seem to show an order of MARC
fields like 50x, 51x, 52x, 53x, and so on, except the record for Book 2. It
shows a note order as the following:

*546  Language note       ## $a In English.
500 General Note           ## $a “Co-published simultaneously as Journal of
archival organization, volume 3, numbers 2/3 2005.”
504 Bibliography, etc. note  ## $a Includes bibliographical references and

(By the way, If 546 note is necessary in this record even if the fixed
field includes the language code *eng*. Why the record for Book 1 (in
English) ignores a language note?)

If we focus on data element description, a note order really does not
matter. But so far we are still working on a traditional work-form. Is
there a general practice? Or I missed something?

Thanks for your help.
Joan

--
Zhonghong (Joan) Wang, Ph.D.