Hi all.

Occasionally I have tried briefly to explain to non-cataloging library
colleagues about some of the changes they might be seeing in the catalog.  I
mention the no abbreviations rule[s] and go on to say, except for "cm" which is
not an abbreviation, but a symbol and does not have a period after it.

When I'm explaining this to people, I have to say that I'm inwardly cringing
and feeling embarrassment for my profession as a cataloger, which I've never
felt before.  Do any of you know what I mean?  How does one explain the "cm"
rule with a straight face?

Michele Estep
Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
Savannah College of Art and Design®
Jen Library
201 E. Broughton St.
Savannah, GA 31401
T:  912.525.4659 - Fax: 912.525.4715
mes...@scad.edu - www.scad.edu

SCAD - The University for Creative Careers® NOTICE: This e-mail message and all
attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by electronic mail
and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.