You mean like Beethoven using Schiller's Ode to Joy?

Cindy

> Bernadette asked: "And if a composer
sets a pre-existing poem to music,
> what
> relator term
should the poet get?  None of the creator list terms are

available, and 'writer of added lyrics' presumes that the music
predates
> the
> text."
>

> No one has replied to this yet, so I'll try to tackle
it.

> This is a 'Related Work'
situation.

> I could not find a
specific Related Work \ Derivative Work \ Relationship

Designator at J.2.2 <http://access.rdatoolkit.org/J.2.2.html> , so I
would
> use either the most general "based on (work)" or
one step down "adaptation
> of (work)"; unless
"musical setting of (work)" could apply?

> In RDA minus MARC:
>
> Related
Work:   AAP (or link to record) for the Poem

Relationship Designator:  musical setting of (work)

> In RDA/MARC: add a Related Work added entry for the
poem:

>                 700 1# $i musical setting of
(work): $a Poet, John. $t

debo...@marcofquality.com