Yes, I took note of that PS during our local RDA training, and I am quite
puzzled by it.  Because the fact is, LC *is* implementing Chapter 17, and has
been basically forever.  They are doing it by the method described in 17.4.2.2
and, sometimes, by the method described in 17.4.2.3.  Many of us are, of
course, looking forward to the time that we will be using the method described
in 17.4.2.1; but that day will have to wait for a while (and depends on the
developments in the Bibframe endeavor).

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library