RDA-L readers,

Below are some examples to illustrate the relationships between AACR2, ISBD
punctuation, RDA, and MARC.  I would be grateful if you would look them over
and let me know if anything seems not in proper accordance.

Comments, criticisms and corrections are eagerly
 awaited!  Note: for illustrative purposes I've "doctored up" the data from the
actual book that serves as the basis for these examples, to illustrate the
different treatment in heading and transcription.  The author does not to my
knowledge have a doctorate :-)

- Ian

Ian Fairclough - George Mason University - ifairclough43...@yahoo.com

AACR2 Bib Record with MARC Coding
1001 Margolis, Michael, ǂc Ph. D.
24510 Make an Arduino-controlled robot / ǂc Michael
Margolis.
250  1st ed.
260  Sebastopol,
Calif. : ǂb O'Reilly Pub., ǂc c2013.
300  xvi, 238 p. : ǂb
ill. (chiefly col.) ; ǂc 24 cm.

RDA Bib Record with MARC Coding
1001 Margolis, Michael ǂc (Computer scientist) ǂe author ǂ4
aut
24510 Make an Arduino-controlled robot / ǂc Michael
Margolis, Ph. D.
250  First edition.
264 1  Beijing : ǂb
O'Reilly Publishers, ǂc [2013]
264 4 ©2013
300  xvi, 238 pages : ǂb illustrations (chiefly
color) ; ǂc 24 cm
336  text ǂ2
rdacontent
337  unmediated ǂ2
rdamedia
338  volume ǂ2
rdacarrier

AACR2 Bib Record without MARC Coding
        Margolis,
Michael, Ph. D.
Make an Arduino-controlled robot / Michael Margolis. -- 1st
ed. -- Sebastopol, Calif. : O'Reilly Pub., c2013.
xvi, 238 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.

RDA Bib Record with ISBD Punctuation but without MARC Coding
        Margolis,
Michael (Computer scientist) author.
 Make an Arduino-controlled robot / Michael Margolis,
Ph. D. -- First edition. -- Beijing : O'Reilly Publishers, [2013], ©2013
xvi, 238 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm

RDA Bib Record without ISBD Punctuation
Margolis, Michael (Computer scientist) author
Make an Arduino-controlled robot
Michael Margolis, Ph. D.