Dear colleagues:

I'm sending this message to both the OLAC and RDA listservs in hopes of getting
a broad response.  In my cataloging of AV (specifically DVDs), I've been
increasingly noticing that RDA-style relator terms (per RDA Appendix I) are
appearing on both AACR2 and RDA bibliographic records.  My questions are two
(and specifically geared to RDA experts out there, but others are welcome to
chime in as well):

1)      Is it an acceptable practice to include these RDA relator terms on
AACR2 bibliographic records?

2)      If so, what are people's opinions on retroactively converting $4
relator codes to these terms in their institutions' OPACs (either selectively
or universally)?

I know there was a discussion on the RDA list about punctuation and relator
terms within the last several weeks, but I don't know if this topic was
broached.  In any case, I do appreciate any insights people can provide.

Cheers,
Peter

Peter H. Lisius, M.A., M.L.S.
Music and Media Catalog Librarian