Ian,
I have noted that instruction in the following RDA Toolkit Resources tab,
LC-PCC PSs.
-Susan Leach-Murray
Technology/Technical Services Librarian
Franklin College Hamilton Library
Franklin, Indiana

>________________________________

 that no information is available whatsoever.

>It is my understanding that, for a published item
that has no identification of place, publisher, or date,  AACR2 directs to
record:
>[S.l. : s.n., 19--?]
>

>Applicable
rules: 1.4C6; 1.4D6; 1.4F7 (guessing at a 20th-century likely date)

>whereas, in RDA, the instructions provide for:
>[Place of publication
not identified] : [publisher not identified], [date of publication not
identified]

>Applicable
RDA instructions:

>2.8.2.6   If neither a
known nor a probable local place or country, state, province, etc., of
publication can be determined, record Place of publication
not identified.

>2.8.4.7   For a resource in a published form, if no publisher is
named within the resource itself, and the publisher cannot be identified from
other sources as specified under 2.2.4,
record publisher not identified.
>2.8.6.6   If an approximate
date of publication for a single-part resource cannot reasonably be determined,
record date of publication not identified.

>The RDA data are presented with ISBD punctuation.  The use of square brackets
>is instructed in
2.2.4 If information taken from a source outside the resource itself is
supplied in any of the elements listed below, indicate that fact either by
means of a note or by some other means (e.g., through coding or the use of
square brackets).

>Here's what I'm missing.  In RDA, each supplied data element is enclosed in
>its individual pair of
square brackets.  Where is that
instructed?