Nancy Braman said:

>It's not really in interview format; the narrative flows as if Mr.
>Young had had no assistance at all.  It just doesn't feel like
>interviews.

True. I was joking a bit, although  I suspect questions were asked,
suggestions were made, and narrative was edited by the "interviewer",
but that activity is is invisible.

In the absence of more exact terms, how about "author" for the
"interviewee", and "collaborator" (from clt Collaborator in the code
list) for the "interviewer"?

Then there are "spirit" writings and compositions; another version of
"as told to"?

The complexity of the bibliographic world does not fit neatly into a
finite predetermined set of terms.