kyler Felix asked:

>In your email you said "two physical forms of the same resource". I
>thought that a hard copy and a PDF file would not both be physical
>resources? Would it be similar to, for example, a book with a CD Rom?

In my experience, a CD-ROM with a book is usually supplementary or
additional material, not a duplicate of the print.  It would be used
in conjunction with the book.  Thus one record, with the CD-ROM in
fixed fields and 300 +$e.

We do consider a PDF to be a physical format.  It is electronic, not
spiritual.

A book and PDF of the same text would not be used together; a patron
would normally use one or the other.  Thus separate records.

I'm surprised you did not call me to task for our use of 337  $3CD-
ROM$aelectronic$2isbdmedia.  Our clients (with one exception) don't
like "computer" as a media term, so we use the ISBD term. We agree
with our clients that "computer" is misleading.