From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Bernadette Mary O'Reilly
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:14 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Interviews & expressions

Hello,

Can anyone elucidate where it would be correct to use the relators 'interviewer
(expression) and 'interviewee (expression)?

My original take was that the decision would depend on whether the interviewer
or the interviewee was providing the real content.  If the interviewer was just
prompting the interviewee to talk, the interviewer would be 'interviewer
(expression)' while the interviewee would be 'interviewee'; but if the
interviewer was bringing all the ideas and controlling the direction of the
conversation while the interviewee was just giving brief answers, the
interviewer would be 'interviewer' while the interviewee would be 'interviewee
(expression)'.

But my impression from the RDA examples is that interviewer and interviewee are
both regarded as creators if the interview is the primary content of the
resource.

So would 'interviewer (expression)' and 'interviewee (expression)' be used only
if the interview itself were expression-level, e.g. if it served as a kind of
commentary on or supplement to the primary content?

Best wishes,
Bernadette
Bernadette O'Reilly
Catalogue Support Librarian