I like this man's thinking -- except that I don't think that ther subfield 'r'
indexes in the author index in Symphony, only general

-----Original Message-----
From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Don Charuk
Sent: Friday, 7 June 2013 10:40 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Justification of Acces Points

Thank you for your responses. We are of split opinion of the non-requirement of
justification. some feel the relationship designators are sufficient while
others still see the need for notes.

Our opinion is also split on how to deal with compilations. Do we go with
structured notes and make use of the subfields in 505 tag to allow searching or
use authorized access points? We are leaning towards structured notes since it
involves no authority work.

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by
legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any
disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you
have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office
by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable
arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return
at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the
information contained in this transmission.