Steven said:

>I do think the mapping is misleading. The point of RDA is to avoid
>scrambling of different elements for the sake of convenience.

Isn't the point of everything we do the convenience of our users?

>Why is it considered necessary to mix up font size with item
>subunits? Couldn't font size be reassigned to 300 $b instead?

In the absence of the GMD,it is important to have that data in brief
display, not in a field which may or may not be mapped to display.

Unless/until RDA mapping in changed, I have added the example "1
volume (large print)" to the MRIs.  If the mapping is changed to 300
$b, I will change the example to "1 volume : large print".  If that
change occurs, could someone please let me know?

I can't see that the difference is great enough to get excited about.

I am more concerned with misleading and unintelligible media terms,
the lack of provision for equipment and kits, the long English phrases
replacing international standard Latin abbreviations, 7XX $i, etc.,
etc.