I believe that RDA provides two options to record the three types. We are
allowed to use one or more of terms listed in relevant tables (in 3.2, 3.3,
and 6.9). The Library of Congress suggests repeating the entire field
rather than $a in 33x fields. An alternative is to record the type a) that
applies to the predominant part of the resource (if there is a predominant
part), or b) that apply to the most substantial parts of the resource
(including the predominant part, if there is one).

Hopefully that my understanding is correct :)

Thank you!

Joan Wang
Illinois Heartland Library System

--