From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 10:16 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Correct use of relationship designators for corportate
bodies

In answer to the first question, "author" is probably the most likely
designator to use if the corporate body is a creator, but many other
relationship designators in the appendix I for creators could also be used for
corporate bodies.

An issuing body may not be the publisher.  Many journals are issued by a
scholarly society but published by a commercial publisher.  When the issuing
body and publisher are the same, you could use two relationship designators,
but so far I've just used issuing body.

Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013, Crum, Cathy (KDLA) wrote:

> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:00:50 +0000
> From: "Crum, Cathy (KDLA)" <cathy.c...@ky.gov>
> To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
> Subject: [RDA-L] Correct use of relationship designators for corportate bodies
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have questions about the correct use of the relationship designators,
> "issuing body" and "author," especially for corporate bodies.
>
> If a corporate body is considered the creator of a work (per RDA 19.2.1.1.1)
> and is recorded in the 110 of a bibliographic record, would you use the
> relationship designator "author"?
>
> RDA mentions both publishing and issuing when defining "publisher's name" at
> RDA 2.8.4, so what's the difference between publishing something and issuing
> something?  When would you use "issuing body" as a relationship designator?
>
> Thanks,
> Cathy Crum
>
> Cathy Crum
> Cataloging Supervisor
> State Library Services
> Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives
> (502) 564-8300, ext. 227
> cathy.c...@ky.gov<mailto:cathy.c...@ky.gov>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff