Aloha,
Having searched the archives I found several message on this topic but no consensus, as far as I could tell.

In AACR2 in the 300 $b subfield we recorded the fact that a book consisted of all illustrations. RDA has no corresponding rule.

Looking at various RDA cataloging policy statements at a number of institutions available online I see "all illustrations" recorded in 300 $b.

In April 2012 the PCC SCT RDA Records Task Group put out a .pdf file with sample RDA-consistent records. I see a number of records with the wording "all illustrations" in 300 $b.

On Autocat some people have said that 300 $b should have only "illustrations" and that a note would be included to say that the book consists solely of illustrations.

Tomorrow I plan to talk about illustrative matter in class. One of the books I have been using for years is _Gods man : a novel in woodcuts_ by Lynd Ward.

  How would the participants on this list handle this?

  Are there any plans to clarify this in an upcoming update of RDA?

                        Have a safe and joyful day,

                        donna Bair-Mundy, Ph.D.
                        Instructor, LIS Program
                        Information & Computer Sci. Dept.