What I was thinking of was:

100 Smith, John
240 Poems. Selections
245  Nature  /  poems by John Smith and Joan Jones.
700 12 Jones, Joan. Poems. Selections.

In catalog:
245 Nature : festschrift for Jacques Cousteau.

If 100/240 is eliminated:

130  Nature (Vanity Press)
245 Nature / selected poems by John Smith and Joan Jones.
700 12 Smith, John. Poems. Selections.
700 12 Jones, Joan. Poems. Selections.

If a one author compilation:

100 Smith, John.
240 Poems. Selections.
245 The sea / John Smith.

100 Jones, Joan.
240 Poems. Selections
245 The sea : selected poems /  Joan Jones.

100 Jones, Joan.
240 Poems. Selections. French
245 La mer / Joan Jones.

In catalog:
245 The sea : essays by 20th century authors.

245 La mer : essays on Debussy's tone poem.

If 100/240 is eliminated, becomes:

130 Sea (Smith)
245 The sea  / selected poems by John Smith.
700 12 Smith, John. Poems. Selections.

130 Sea (Jones)
245 The sea : poems of a sailor / Joan Jones.
700 12 Jones, Joan. Poems. Selections.

130 Mer (Jones)
245 La mer / Joan Jones.
700 12 Jones, Joan. Poems. Selections. French.

Steven Arakawa
Catalog Librarian for Training & Documentation
Catalog & Metada Services
Sterling Memorial Library. Yale University
P.O. Box 208240 New Haven, CT 06520-8240
(203) 432-8286 steven.arak...@yale.edu