If the creator's name is part of the AAP, there is no conflict, unless the
combination of name and preferred title are the same[footnote].  The title
proper of one work being the same as the title proper of a different work is
not in itself a conflict.  Conflicts only apply to *authorized access points*.
If no creator's name is part of the AAP, *then* there would be a conflict
between "Nature" and other resources that have the preferred title "Nature" and
no creator's name as part of the AAP.

If we're saying that we'll put the AAP into 700 a/t instead of 100/24X, then
you need to view the 245 as being *only the title proper*.  It can be the same
as thousands of other things, but that doesn't matter because it's only the
title proper of the manifestation.  The job of identifying the work/expression
falls to the AAP (as RDA is currently being applied in our environment).

--Kevin

[footnote] There is a problem in the examples you give:  you do not have unique
AAPs for the works by John Smith.  They all have the same AAP:

        "Nature" is called:  Smith, John. Poems. Selections
        "The Sea" is called:  Smith, John. Poems. Selections

This is contrary to RDA, which requires that there be something to distinguish
them.  Interestingly, these examples actually lead me to that other discussion
that's been going on, about RDA 6.2.2.10.  What titles are these works *known*
by?  I very strongly argue that the preferred titles for these works should be
"Nature" and "The sea", since that is what everyone knows them by (the creator,
the publisher, bookstores, library selectors, researchers, etc.).  It makes
considerably more sense to have the following AAPs:

        Smith, John. Nature
        Smith, John. Sea