Hi ,
I upgraded to python 2.7.1 on my OSX Leopard ( 32 bit) running laptop.
I did have the svn version of rdkit running very well on the machine
using the cmake build instructions from

http://code.google.com/p/rdkit/wiki/BuildingWithCmake

After the switch I rebuilt rdkit with pointers to the new python.

cmake -D
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python

However after the cmake build I am getting  a crash and message .
"Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch)"
This happens when I try a
import rdkit ----works fine
from rdkit import Chem ---immediately crashes python REPL and gives me
the error message

I also rebuild boost after the switch to python 2.7 by running a
bootstrap and bjam install as detailed in the instructions
(http://code.google.com/p/rdkit/wiki/BuildingWithCmake)
but the crash and error persists.

Any pointers on why the python commandline throws such a fit with an
import of rdkit.Chem and terminates after the switch to 2.7.1

Thanks
Hari