Hi Abhik,

I am not entirely sure how this windows installer of ubuntu works,
but probably you have to make sure that you install RDkit in the right
place (a directory that is actually written to the disk).

Your problem is probably that you install RDKit only virtually, i.e.
in a part of the directory tree that is coming from the ISO image
underlying your Ubuntu installation, so RDKit is gone after each
reboot (it is only present as long as your Ubuntu installation is
not rebooted).

Markus

On 7/24/2012 11:16 AM, Abhik Seal wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:sitzm...@helix.nih.gov>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Abhik,
>
>     are you maybe doing this on a virtual machine and/or
>     are you booting Ubuntu just from an ISO image?
>
>     Markus
>

>     On 7/24/2012 9:32 AM, Abhik Seal wrote:
>      > Dear All,
>      >
>      > I have a peculiar problem of RDKit installation
>      > I installed RDKit in ubuntu 11.06 with all the 76 test passed and
>     also i
>      > started working in it. But it happened three times to me that
>     when i use
>      > RDkit after 2-3 days later then i found that it cannot recognise the
>      > command in python
>      > from rdkit import Chem
>      > showing error
>      >
>      > Which means that i again have to install RDkit ?
>      >
>      > It happened three times to me . I didn't upgraded my ubuntu but i
>      > installed some other free tools.
>      >
>      > Did anybody found this problem?
>      > Abhik Seal
>      > Indiana University Bloomington
>      > Department of Chemical Informatics
>      > abs...@indiana.edu <mailto:abs...@indiana.edu>
>     <mailto:abs...@indiana.edu <mailto:abs...@indiana.edu>>
>      > *OSDD CHEMINFORMATICS*
>      > +18123699097 <tel:%2B18123699097>
>      > http://mypage.iu.edu/~abseal/index.htm
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >

>      > Live Security Virtual Conference
>      > Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
>      > threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>     Discussions
>      > will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
>     malware
>      > threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Rdkit-discuss mailing list
>      > Rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
>     <mailto:Rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
>

>     --
>
>        Markus Sitzmann, Ph.D.
>
>        Chemical Biology Laboratory
>        Center for Cancer Research
>        National Cancer Institute
>        National Institutes of Health
>
>        376 Boyles St
>        Frederick, MD 21702, USA
>
>     301-846-5974 <tel:301-846-5974> (office)
>     301-846-6033 <tel:301-846-6033> (fax)
>
>     sitzm...@helix.nih.gov <mailto:sitzm...@helix.nih.gov>
>
>     http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/7b8/342
>     http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Sitzmann

>     Live Security Virtual Conference
>     Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
>     threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>     Discussions
>     will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in

  301-846-5974 (office)
  301-846-6033 (fax)

  sitzm...@helix.nih.gov