Has anyone come up with fool-proof way of matching structurally equivalent
molecules?

Unique Smiles or InChI String comparisons don't appear to work presumable
because there are different but equivalent structures, e.g. explicit vs
non-explicit H's, Kekule vs Aromatic, isomeric forms vs non-isomeric form,
tautomers etc.

I also expect that comparing InChI strings might need something more than just
a simple string comparison, such as masking off stereo information when you
don't care about stereo isomers.

I assume there are suitable tools within RDKit that can do this?

N.B. I need to collate tables from several sources that have a mix of smiles /
InChI / sdf molecular representations.

I usually use RDKit via Python and/or Knime.

Cheers,
Steve.