Hello,

Is it possible to write a single SMARTS for two separate patterns involving
a Boolean OR?

For example,  I want to write a single SMARTS that can match the
patterns of

[C]-[C]

or

[N]-[N]

I realize that I could write something like

[C,N]-[C,N]

but that would also match "cross" patterns such as

CN and NC which I don't want.

I have tried to write

([C]-[C]), ([N\-[N])   but I have not been able to get that syntax or related
expressions (variations of parentheses, brackets, etc) to work.

Hence, if someone knows how to combine separate SMARTS expressions into
a single expression with a Boolean OR, I would be grateful.  Thank you.

Regards,
Jim Metz