I've noticed that when writing a 3D molfile that has been generated by
RDKit (in my case using AllChem.EmbedMolecule) and has chirality present
that the chiral flag is not set. At least it is not always set, I can't be
exactly sure. My exact scenario is to read a chiral SMILES, convert to 3D
using EmbedMolecule and then write to SDF.

I also note that there is a magical '_MolFileChiralFlag' property that it
seems if set to 1 results in the chiral flag being set.

So the question here is is it the responsibility of the developer to set
this '_MolFileChiralFlag' property when the molecule is known to be chiral
(e.g. using the Chem.FindMolChiralCenters() method) or am I missing
something here?

Thanks
Tim