Did anybody manage to get rdkit working with py2exe?

anaconda
python 3.8
py2exe 0.10
rdkit 2012.03.1

IMPORT:
    from rdkit.Chem import MolFromSmiles, MolToSmiles

With this import, py2exe complains about some missing modules and my .exe
doesn't run (without any log). If I comment out the import it runs.
With Pyinstaller it works out of the box, but the executables produced by
pyinstaller are problematic for many other reasons (huge size, manifest
file ignored, subprocess based, no multiple exe allowed...)

Does anybody have a recent working recipe for the setup file?
Thank you!
Thomas