Hi Giammy,

I’d be pretty disappointed if that happened in 2022.03.[12]. I don’t think
there’s a fix for that in 2021.09.  If it still happens in the latest
version please file it as a bug and I’ll take a look at it. The molecule
rendering was completely overhauled over the winter to try and prevent that
sort of thing.

Regards,
Dave

On Wed, 4 May 2022 at 16:20, Gianmarco Ghiandoni <ghiandon...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using rdkit_pypi==2021.9.4 to generate visualisation of compounds
> with their atomic hydrogen bond strengths. In particular, I am using this
> function to produce an SVG string:
>
> d2d = rdMolDraw2D.MolDraw2DSVG(fig_size[0], fig_size[1])
>     d2d.drawOptions().annotationFontScale = 0.7
>     d2d.DrawMolecule(
>         rwmol,
>         highlightAtoms=atoms_to_highlight,
>         highlightAtomColors=idx2rgb,
>         highlightBonds=None,
>     )
>     d2d.FinishDrawing()
>     return d2d.GetDrawingText()
>
> Note that I am increasing the font scale to from 0.5 to 0.7 and for
> certain molecules that produces renderings where annotations are cut out:
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Giammy
> --
> *Gianmarco*

David Cosgrove
Freelance computational chemistry and chemoinformatics developer
http://cozchemix.co.uk