I realize that in the majority of the PV industry, the person that designs the
PV System and provides drawings for the purpose of pulling a permit, is also
the one that will be up on the roof completing the installation, but I have
this question.

Short of NABCEP Certification or an Professional Engineer's degree does anybody
know of any sort of a PV Designer Certification course? With the nature of our
business model, I design the PV system and provide permitting drawings, but
roofers and integrators install the systems. I am pretty sure (not positive)
that I can not qualify for NABCEP with out field installation experience, yet I
am quite familiar with the NEC and the intricacies of proper PV System design,
as well as working with / getting through the local planning departments.

Best Regards,
Brian C. White
Sr. Design Engineer - PV Systems

Eagle Roofing Products