Right, Kent, but 690.4(D) does require the use of products ³identified and
listed for the application.² So, for example, UL-listed combiner boxes are
required per NEC 2008, whereas integrators could previously site build
combiners using UL-listed parts. The appropriate listing for a PV combiner,
everyone agrees, is UL1741. This code article lists most major components in
a PV system, but not discos. I¹m simply wondering if there is some activity
I am unaware of seeking to add dc discos to this list or to the UL1741
standard. Just curious.

Direct: 541.261.6545
Fax:  541.512.0343

Visit our Web site at solarprofessional.com

(Sample copy available for download at: solarprofessional.com/sample)