spaceweather.com is an informative site. I check it daily.

Dick Ratico
Solarwind Electric

--- You wrote:
I have been following this lightly [ha] and the last time we went into this
level of solar activity in the late 1800's there were telegraph offices that
literally burst into flames. At that time we did not have the utility grid
infrastructure. With today's web of power lines which seem to act like an
antenna for this magnetic waves there is potential for some interesting
activity.

Would a solar array concentrate or just act as an antenna?

I have military friends who have purchased early model diesel trucks that do
not rely on computers to operate the truck in anticipation of this event.
And they are asking me questions I cannot start to answer about "hardened"
[shielded] electronic equipment.

NASA has quite a bit of info type in - solar storm in their search bar and
there are lots of related links to things like EMP bomb effects, etc.

Dana Orzel -  Great Solar Works, Inc -  E - d...@solarwork.com -  V
970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140     C - 970.209.4076     web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"