I did notice one thing when I converted my shop to LED.  One of my 4' flour
fixtures was a plug in type so I used my kill-a-watt and plugged the fixture
in, with the ballasts and T8s and recorded a usage of 48W.  After removing the
ballast and installing the LEDs (21W each) the kill-a-watt read 42W.  I tried
the same experiment with HO T5 and T12s.   The HO T5 read 58W and the T12 read
86.

I do have LED in my home, bought them at my local ACE hardware. I've had one
fail, but it was in an enclosed fixture and LEDs are not well suited for that
environment.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone